Rebel hard

Rebel Hard is a indian romance with the arranged marriage trope.
I was influenced to read this romance after watching the new Netflix movie Wedding Season.


Nayna Sharma agreed to an arranged marriage in the hope it would heal the fractures in her beloved family… only to realize too late that a traditional marriage is her personal nightmare. Panicked, she throws caution to the winds, puts on the tiniest dress she can find, and ends up in the arms of a tall, rough-edged hunk of a man who has abs of steel—and who she manages to mortally insult between one kiss and the next.

Abandoned as a child, then adopted into a loving family, Raj Sen believes in tradition, in continuity. Some might call him stiff and old-fashioned, but he knows what he wants—and it’s a life defined by rules… yet he can’t stop thinking about the infuriating and sexy woman who kissed him in the moonlight then disappeared. When his parents spring an introduction on him, the last woman he expects is her. Beautiful. Maddening. A rule breaker in the making.

He’s all wrong for her. She’s all wrong for him. And love is about to make rebels of them both.

My review

While I love Nalini Singh, I thought that this book was hard to read at first. Its my first book with the characters being indian and their language was foreign to me. I wish there could have been a dictionary at the start of the book! However, the story itself was very good! You have two characters that seem to fit each other in every way at first, but as Nayna gets to know herself better, you see how they differ. Raj is set on her and wants the best for her; he really is a perfect and understanding boyfriend. The fact that they were both virgins at their age was surprising, but after knowing their reason it all made sense. Their family were both very stereotypical of what we see in movies, but it didn't bother me. This book was very different from what I usually read, but I enjoyed the variety! I'd rate it a 8/10.

Comments

Popular Posts